By Allen Susser
- 12 Oz Red Snapper
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ Cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Cups White vinegar
- 2 Medium Seasoning Peppers, minced
- 1 Large Sweet Red Pepper, fine julienne
- 1 Small bunch Scallions, minced
- 1 small Red Onion, shaved
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 Cup Coconut water
- ½ Cup Freshly picked cilantro leaves
Cut the snapper into short, thin julienne pieces. Place them in a stainless steel bowl and season with 2 tespoons salt. Pour the lemon and lime juices over the fish, cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Drain the citrus juices, using a colander. Pour the vinegar over the fish tossing lightly washing the fish with the vinegar.
Using a large bowl, add the seasoning peppers, peppers, scallion, onion, garlic, and salt. Toss lightly and cover with the coconut water. Let this set covered and refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour. Add the cilantro and mix well before serving.