By Scott Conant
Yields 7-8 fritters
- 2-¼ cups ricotta
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons caramelized shallots (finished product minced)
- 2 teaspoons caramelized garlic cloves (cooked whole then minced)
- ¾ cup ground panko
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, as needed
flour, eggs, and ground panko, as needed
- 3 tablespoons acacia honey
- 1 Calabrian chili, rough chopped with seeds.
Mix everything and taste for salt. Using a scoop, portion into 2 oz. balls. Set up a standard breading procedure station. Bread the fritters in flour, egg and panko. Repeat breading procedure with all the fritters and reserve. Place honey and Calabrian chili in a small pot and place on stove on very low heat just to heat up the honey and infuse with the chili.
Heat oil in a heavy pot to 350 degrees. Gently place the fritters in the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Drain on paper towel and season with kosher salt immediately. Arrange fritter on plate and drizzle with Calabrian chili honey.