Corned beef and cabbage is a classic Irish meal (traditionally served on St. Patrick’s Day) that is delicious and easy to make!
• 3–4-pound corned beef brisket
• 1 head of cabbage (cut in half, remove core, cut into medium-sized wedges)
• 6 medium carrots (peeled and cut into uniform 1–2-inch chunks)
• 1 yellow onion (cut into quarters)
• 1–2 potatoes (cut into large chunks)
PREPARATION: Remove brisket from packaging and rinse. Place in Dutch oven or other large pot— fat side up. Take spice packet from brisket package and sprinkle on top of brisket. Add water until brisket is barely covered. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat and simmer for approx. 3 hours (for a 3-pound brisket) or longer. After approximately 3 hours of simmering; add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Cover and bring back to boil for 5 minutes. Then add cabbage, continue boiling and cover for an additional 5–7 minutes. Carefully remove everything and serve immediately. Ghee (or butter) and salt should be available for cabbage. Enjoy!