Try this hearty homemade pasta dish to satisfy your Italian cravings!
• 2 cups Rigatoni Giganti
• 5 ounces Spicy Italian sausage
• 3 ounces Unsalted butter
• 4 ounces Chicken broth
• 1.5 oz Shredded kale
• 2 tbsp. Green peas
• 1 fl. oz. Canola oil
• 4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano
• 1 tsp. Black pepper
1. Boil water for pasta. Once boiling, drop dry pasta into water and set timer for 10 minutes.
2. Place sauté pan on stove top and allow to get hot. Add canola oil and Italian sausage to pan. Fry sausage in oil until golden brown.
3. Add peas, butter, and chicken stock and bring to a rapid boil.
4. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano, black pepper and kale; stirring with tongs to wilt the kale.
5. Drain pasta and add directly to the sauce. Toss to coat all noodles.
6. Place pasta in center of bowl and top with an additional tablespoon of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
By Executive Chef Brian Wright
Doc B’s Restaurant + Bar