When celebrating Cinco de Mayo is there really any other choice than a tequila cocktail? You can avoid crowded and pricey Mexican restaurants by making your own tasty cocktail instead; shake things up by skipping the traditional margarita and kick it up a notch!
• ½ oz. pear nectar
• 1 oz. of 50/50 lemon-lime juice
• 2 oz. La Adelita Tequila Blanco
• 1 jalapeño pear simple syrup (see recipe notes)
• 1 tbsp. cinnamon, salt, and sugar
• Rosemary and fresh pear slices for garnish
1. Start with making the jalapeño pear simple syrup or opt with a classic simple syrup.
2. In a shaker tin add tequila, pear nectar, syrup, lemon-lime juice, and ice. Shake well for 10-15 seconds.
3. Prep the glass by rubbing a lime wedge around the rim. On a small plate combine salt, cinnamon and sugar. Dip the glass rim into the mixture. Add fresh ice.
4. Strain the cocktail into your glass. Garnish with rosemary, jalapeño slices, or fresh pear. Cheers!
NOTES FOR JALAPEÑO PEAR SIMPLE SYRUP:
In a small pot bring 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and one pear, sliced, to a gentle boil for 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Let cool. Now transfer the mixture into a food processor, pulse until blended. Add jalapeño slices to the mixture and let them soak for 10 minutes. Alternately, for extra hotness, muddle the soaked jalapeño slices. Set aside or store in an airtight container.