Try this quick, hearty, and healthy vegetarian dish that will satisfy your hunger!
• 2 tbsp. blended oil
•1/2 lb. butternut squash 3/4” diced
• 1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
• 3/4 lb. zucchini, 3/4” diced
• 3/4 lb. eggplant, 3/4” diced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, 1/2” diced
• 1 tbsp. ground dry ancho
• 1 tbsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 cup hominy
• 1/2 cup kidney beans, rinsed
• 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
• 1 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes
• 3/4 cup marinara sauce
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
• 1 tbsp. S+P mix
1. Smoke the eggplant on low for about 10 minutes, then cool and reserve.
2. Bring a large pot to high heat, add blended oil. When hot, add butternut squash and sear to color and season. Once softened, remove butternut squash from pan and reserve.
3. In the same pot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Season with S+P to taste & add pinch of sugar.
4. Add smoked eggplant and stir for 3-5 minutes. Then, add zucchini, red pepper, and jalapeño.
5. Add ancho powder and cumin, sauté on medium-high for about 5 minutes.
6. Add kidney beans, black beans, and hominy season. Stir and let the ingredients mingle.
7. Add tomatoes, marinara sauce, and reserved butternut squash.
8. Stir one last time, remove from pan and cool.
9. Serve and garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley. Top with avocado, sour cream, and any other toppings you may prefer.
By Executive Chef Chris Palmer